Living with a disability, or being a family member of someone with special needs, presents unique stressors that can increase the risk for emotional and/or behavioral health. Our licensed, experienced social workers provide individual, family, and group behavioral health counseling to help prevent and address mental health issues, provide tools to manage stress, and promote emotional well-being.
- For an individual with a disability, transitions to new stages of development can become more complicated and result in feelings of sadness, loss or anger.
- Brothers and sisters of siblings with special needs are often dealing with difficult feelings of their own.
- Parents of children with disabilities are faced with a whole new set of concerns, questions, and responsibilities. They are twice as likely to report feelings of depression compared with parents of children without special needs.
We facilitate support groups for parents, siblings, grandparents, and individuals with special needs to help families share helpful information, resources, and practical solutions with others facing similar challenges.
We are certified by the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (ODMHAS) and nationally accredited through the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). Our licensed staff members are highly qualified with master’s degrees in social work. They have unique expertise in addressing the often complex challenges of living with a disability and utilize a comprehensive approach which incorporates child and family strengths in planning. Our Behavioral Health services help build a foundation for lifelong growth and inclusion.
Scope of Services:
- Population and Settings: Center-based services
- Hours of Services: Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Frequency of Services: Determined by the individual treatment plan
- Payers and funding sources: Most insurances and Medicaid are accepted
- Fees: Sliding fee scale
- Referral sources: All are welcome
This link can be used to look up Social Work licenses, verifications and certificates: https://elicense.ohio.gov/oh_verifylicense
This link can be used to find a CARF accredited service provider: http://www.carf.org/providerSearch.aspx